Friday, March 15, 2013

Gilad, one excellent exercise instructor.

Nowadays, there's Insanity and PX90 out there...I certainly wouldn't put those down but Gilad's bodies in motion and his more recent show, Bodysculpting as far as I'm concerned is about all I need.

See Gilad here



I really think his simple dumb bell exercises will build up the arms if that is what you want.

I first caught Gilad on the now defunct Fit TV and it was great,  they would air it at different times, including around the 10 or 11 PM hour, a good way to end the day inspite of what is said as to not end a day exercising as it will keep you awake at night.

Now, Gilad is on Discovery Fitness and Health channel, is easily their best program,  Veria on Dish Network really better except having a prime show like Gilad's exercise show except one thing, I have been recording the Gilad shows, it almost seems like Discovery F and H only have a few of his shows in the can. Of course, I don't find that to deeply effect a total workout.

But does Gilad pass the test for exercise? Marilu Henner says in her weight loss book that you should exercise enough to break a sweat. Does Gilad do that?? Certainly he does.

Gilad seems to fit in as post-Jack Lalanne, pre-the hot workouts nowadays....but I do think some of the modern workouts go a bit overboard.

Denise Austin, Billy Banks and others though, remain very helpful as well.

Jack pioneered the TV exercise show it seems.

There are a number of health gurus out there, I think Richard Simmons also does very well.



"Dancing with the oldies" is excellent and dare I say, a precursor of Zumba and I will leave it at that for now.

So, I believe there is no answer as to whom is best, just whom you are comfortable with and know.

No comments:

Post a Comment